SLC (Student Led Conference)
- Students need to include one activity and one project as a part of Science in their SLC folder.
- Activity needs to be picked up from the ones done in the class along with chapters.
- Any one project needs to be chosen from the ones given below.
- Details and learning outcomes of ISA project – “ Today’s wastage is tomorrow’s shortage” can also be included. (already done in the month of July)
Project 1: Exploring our Universe
- How old is the universe?
- What happened in the “Big Bang?”
- What have we learned about the universe from meteorites?
- Was there ever life on Mars?
- Why is Pluto no longer a planet?
- What caused the Astroid Belt?
- What is the likelihood that a comet will strike the earth? What is the best way to detect and stop this?
- How can we solve the problem of “space junk”?
- What are black holes?
- How do sunspots affect us on earth?
- Should humans really make the effort to find a way to live in space or on other planets?
Project 2: A peep into wildlife
- Choose any two habitats
- List the animals found here.
- Compare them on the basis of their characteristics and adaptations shown
Project 3: Choking Delhi
- A report on the degrading quality of air in the capital city.
- List all probable causes, its impact now and in future.
- Preventive measures taken.
- Awareness needed during this hour.
- Role of Government vs Role of common man
Project 4: All about Teeth
- Composition and Structure of Teeth
- Care of Teeth
- Comparison of types of teeth found in different animals
Project 5: The Adulterated Plate
- A report on ways and measures used to increase crop production for meeting demands of growing population.
- Short term and long term impacts of chemicals used.
- Health hazards
Project 6: The depleting resources and increasing prices
- Dependence of man on the natural resources in spite of all scientific advancements made.
- Misuse of resources and their depletion.
- Imagine life without necessary commodities which would soon vanish.
- Inflation to be reviewed on the basis of depleting resources.
Project 8: Autobiography of Plants on Planet Earth
- Pour in all your creative instincts and frame a story line stating the journey of plants on this planet over centuries.
- You may use comic strips, dialogues, posters or any other creative way for your presentation.
School will be working on Saturday, 24 November 2018 with regular winter timings and Thursday’s Time Table. Attendance is mandatory.
Click the link below to access
Essel Vision Productions Ltd. is coming up with yet another happening and a power packed season of the pioneer to singing shows in India – “Sa Re Ga Ma Pa L’il Champs” which is going to be aired on ZEE TV. This season we are looking forward to some new and raw talent from across India as well as other countries.
Show Name – Sa Re Ga Ma Pa
Telecast Channel – ZEE TV
Age Group – 4years to 14years
Categories – Solos
Singing Style / Genre – Classical, Bollywood, Rapper, Oprah, Beat Boxer Etc. All In Hindi Songs
Region – Worldwide (Foreign Nationals Who Can Sing Hindi Songs)
Hindi/Bollywood music has become a global phenomenon today winning hearts across every corner of the world. It’s not just Indians, but also NRI’s, where they croon to popular Hindi songs SA RE GA MA PA L’il Champs is one such unique platform that celebrates Indian music’s global impact.
In the end only one Singer will be declared as the winner of this historic music show!
Contact Regarding : Srishti Gokarn – 7506706902